Looking after your brain is just as important as looking after your physical body.
Your brain needs the right types of food just as your muscles do!
Here’s a list the top ten brain foods. Followed by as great recipie for a “Brain Smoothie”
You are what you eat. What you eat affects your brain and body, so you want foods that are rich in antioxidants, good fats, vitamins, and minerals.
These 10 foods will protect your brain and give you the energy and vitality you need to overcome mental fog and fatigue.
Top 10 Favorite Brain Foods
• Helps keep healthy blood flow
• Good source of monounsaturated fats
2 Blueberries (or ‘brainberries!).
• Protects your brain from oxidative stress
• Reduces the effect of brain-aging conditions
• Rats who ate blueberries had improved overall learning capacity and motor skills and were mentally younger
• Remarkable source of fiber
• Rich in vitamin K, which is known to enhance cognitive function and improve brainpower
4 Coconut Oil.
• Medium chain fatty acid, which ignites your body’s fat-burning furnaces to help create ketones
• Full of memory-improving choline, Omega-3s, and vitamin E
6 Green Leafy Vegetables.
• Spinach, kale, collard greens
• Good sources of vitamin E and folate
• Wild deepwater fish rich in Omega-3s and DHA
• Sardines are also good
• Reduces inflammation and helps boost antioxidant levels
• Keeps your immune system healthy
• Improves brain’s oxygen intake to you alert and able to process information
TRY THIS RECIPE: Turmeric tea.
Combine turmeric, pepper (to absorb the turmeric better), honey, coconut oil, and hot water.
9 Walnuts & Other Nuts
• High levels of antioxidants and zinc
• Rich in vitamin E, which protects your neurons
• Wards off brain-aging conditions
• Lots of magnesium, which improves your mood and thus your brain
10 Dark Chocolate.
• Improves your focus, concentration, and mood
• Stimulates endorphins
• Generally, the darker the chocolate, the purer and better for your brain
BONUS 11. Water.
• Your brain and body are about 75% water
• Several studies show that well-hydrated people score better on brainpower tests
TRY THIS RECIPE: Blend water, green leafy vegetables, blueberries, avocado, and coconut oil for an easy brain smoothie!
Add carrots to make it sweeter, 1 or 2 eggs to up the protein and turmeric to aid in reducing inflammation in the body.